Yoga for Children with Special Needs
Yoga is a wonderful system of holistic health that works with the child to address many sensory integrative issues. Children with sensory dysfunction have been shown to benefit from regular yoga practice. Yoga is effective because it works on body awareness, co-ordination, endurance and flexibility. On the ‘soft skills’ side, it teaches a child patience, strength and tolerance, as well as managing his/her own disability. Yoga includes :
- Breathing exercises to calm and focus.
- Strengthening and stamina building postures.
- Balance Calmness
- Optimal learning occurs through movement and in a non-stressful environment.
- The Yoga class is a perfect way to integrate therapy in a fun way !
- Body benefits include improvements to the muscular skeletal, nervous and cardiopulmonary system
- Yoga can help children be self-regulated that will help the child be successful, happy and confident in life